I found that there is a lot of confusion going around which Sametime features are covered in Limited Use License, although I could not find a document or a matrix chart covering this in detail, the following article provides some important insights:
Excerpt of the article:
HCL Sametime 11 Limited Use prohibits the use of the following components: - File transfer
- Screen capture - Multiple communities - External user - Built-in audio / video function - Integration with external meetings - To ensure compliance with the Limited Use terms, these features must be disabled in policy settings.
Before deploying Sametime 11 Limited Use, make sure that the features important for you are covered in the license. And if one or another function is not working, check with support if it is covered in the Limited Use license in the first place, it might save you some time spent troubleshooting.
My friend, Roberto Boccadoro found the official licensing agreement, thank you very much! You can Access it via the following URL:
Excerpt of the document:
Notwithstanding any provision in the Agreement, Licensee is not authorized to use any of the following components or functions of the Program:
- Access to File Transfer (of HCL Sametime)
- Screen Capture (of HCL Sametime)
- Multiple Communities (of HCL Sametime)
- External users (of HCL Sametime)
- Embedded Audio/Video features (of HCL Sametime)
- External conferencing integration (of HCL Sametime)