Good News, File Preview Issue is fixed in Chrome 76.0.3791.0, which is going to be released in late July… For all details please check the official issue/ticket description from Google:
I recently deployed a new Connections Environment, together with IBM Connections Docs Applications. After the installation I have encountered an issue with a File Preview, some files cannot be viewed in a Google Chrome Browser. Screenshot of the issue:
We could reproduce this issue only with “.doc” and “.docx” files and only in Google Chrome, version 72, where the Preview still works well with other office files like “.ppt” and “.xlsx”. In other Browsers like the newest version of Firefox (65.0.2) and IE, there are no such issues.
It turns out that issue lies with Code in the current Version of Google Chrome, Version 72.0.x, so if you have the possibility, try to delay or stop the update in your environment until there is a solution for this issue. IBM is currently working on a Fix for this Bug, and it may be available as a Fix for IBM Connections Files rather than a IBM Docs Fix, so read the Release notices carefully.
As a workaround you can open the problematic files in “Edit” mode, if you have sufficient access rights, here the contents will be displayed without any issue.
I have deployed IBM Connections 6.0 CR4 and IBM Docs 2.0 CR3 iFix006, but some folks have the same issue also with older Version of IBM Connections and IBM Docs.
This time Social Connections took place in Vienna, so as it was at my doorstep I didn´t want to miss it. And it did not disappoint. The atmosphere was great, there were some nice Sessions and many important things were announced.
So for me, the most important announcements, from my perspective, were the following:
New Connections Application Catalog in the cloud.
- With applications like Cisco Spark and Jabber.
- IBM Connections 6.0 CR1, it will be available this month.
IBM Docs 2.0 CR3 which is coming next month.
- With a cool feature, “change tracking” this looked great in a demo.
- There will also be TLS 1.2 support.
- “Docs Next” or “Docs Pink” which will be developed.
“3D Search” for Connections Pink codebase
- Blown away by this, this will be a significant improvement against traditional search.
There were many good Sessions but I liked following the most:
“IBM Connections Adminblast”, by Christoph Stoettner and Nico Meisenzahl.
- Christoph and Nico have done a great job, they update their session all the time, so it is always a pleasure to visit it.
“Integrating IBM Connections Docs with Box”, by Roberto Boccadoro
- Nice technical presentation, it shows everything you need to do.
“Data In The Wild”, by Gabriella Davis
- Always great to hear about future insights from Gabriella.
“Migrating to Connections 6.0 – Been there, done that!”, by Sharon James and Tim Clark
- For everybody who is planning a migration, very useful and very entertaining, great presenting skills. 🙂
“We hired Hackers to hack us”, by Robert Farstad
- Great demos, you do not want to miss this.
“Automate IBM Connections installations and more”, by Christoph Stoettner
- Just what I needed, “Ansible”, I am definitely going to invest more time here.
I forgot to mention the Location where it took place, it was at Palais Pallavicini, in the hearth of Vienna´s first district, amazing. Take a look at some Snapshots:
I liked the conference, I had a great time and things like this keep me motivated. 🙂
Congratulations to the Organizers, they have done a great job.