IBM Connections Docs 2.0 CR1 fix does not install

RoBlog

I tried to install Docs 2.0 CR1 but when I ran the command to perform the upgrade the task failed, specifically when updating the Conversion server, with the error “Target with name ic55.eld.it was not found.”

I quickly found out that two other esteemed friends, Christoph Stoettner and Milan Matejic, had encountered the same issue and were able to solve it.

The problem is in the file config.py that is in the patch installation directory. At the bottom of the file there the line “self.me_hostname = socket.gethostname()”. The solution  is to change that to “self.me_hostname = socket.getfqdn()”.

Once I did that, CR1 installed flawlessly. Thanks a lot to Christian and Milan!

View original post

Advertisements

One thought on “IBM Connections Docs 2.0 CR1 fix does not install

  1. To copy my reply in Roberto’s original post here .. The problem is with the installation script in the original CR1 package in certain environments (related to how host names are configured for the conversion nodes) and we’ve fixed the code to handle it. The CR1 packaged downloaded from IBM FixCentral now should work fine.

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s