Issue with Connections after WAS update to 8.5.5.8

After WAS Update from 8.5.5.6 to 8.5.5.8 I could login only into “Profiles” Connections Application, all other Connections Applications were not “reachable”. After digging little further I found the following Errors in the “AppsCluster” Logs:

0000016f LotusConnecti E com.ibm.openactivities.exception.OpenActivitiesException: com.ibm.connections.directory.services.exception.DSException: com.ibm.connections.directory.services.exception.DSOutOfServiceException: com.ibm.connections.directory.services.exception.DSOutOfServiceException: CLFRK0004E: Directory Service Extension(DSX) received a HTTP response from URL ‘https://social-d.bat-groupware.at/profiles/dsx/instance.do?login=WBTSTT’ expected XML, received unexpected content-type ‘text/html;charset=UTF-8’!

javax.servlet.ServletException: com.ibm.openactivities.exception.OpenActivitiesException: com.ibm.connections.directory.services.exception.DSException: com.ibm.connections.directory.services.exception.DSOutOfServiceException: com.ibm.connections.directory.services.exception.DSOutOfServiceException: CLFRK0004E: Directory Service Extension(DSX) received a HTTP response from URL ‘https://social-d.bat-groupware.at/profiles/dsx/instance.do?login=WBTSTT’ expected XML, received unexpected content-type ‘text/html;charset=UTF-8’!

E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp logServletError SRVE0293E: [Servlet Error]-[action]: com.ibm.openactivities.exception.OpenActivitiesException: com.ibm.connections.directory.services.exception.DSException: com.ibm.connections.directory.services.exception.DSOutOfServiceException: com.ibm.connections.directory.services.exception.DSOutOfServiceException: CLFRK0004E: Directory Service Extension(DSX) received a HTTP response from URL ‘https://social-d.bat-groupware.at/profiles/dsx/instance.do?login=WBTSTT’ expected XML, received unexpected content-type ‘text/html;charset=UTF-8’!

After that I found out that the “Domain Name” setting for the Single sign-on (SSO) Configuration has changed after the update. You can get to this setting by logging into ISC Console and navigating to: “Security à Global security à Web and SIP security à Single sign-on (SSO)”.

This may be specific to our environment, usually all our Windows Servers use “bat.dir” Domain, after a service is installed on them which is going to be used in the production we create a “Alias (CNAME)” entry in the DNS for it in the “.bat-groupware.at” Domain.

Connections Applications on this server are configured to use “.bat-groupware.at”, so after I changed the “Domain name” setting to the correct value, all Applications were working fine.

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Issue with Connections after WAS update to 8.5.5.8

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s